Friday, November 6, 2009

Singkawang -All Saints Day



Sun 1 Nov - All Saints Days at St Fransiskus Assisi, Singakawang, where Michelle and I had our marriage vow taken on 24 Dec 1976. It's now 33 years and we are blessed with good health and strong family of FIVE.

Pic above shows mass attended by the 1000+ Roman Catholics residing in Singkawang.
Pic below shows Ah Keong , Ah Lang and myself paying respects to my in-laws. Flowers were bought from the convent sisters who resides at the annex , behind the church


The cemetary was well organised, neat and tidy. Middle pic shows Past parish priests buried in a circular area.

2 comments:

  1. wish i was there to pay respect and pray for the loved ones...may their souls rest in peace

    ReplyDelete
  2. are you originally from Singkawang? seeing this, i really miss my hometown. I was there also around the same time you were (end of Nov 2009). As you can see that Singkawang hasn't changed that much. I left Singkawang for Jakarta almost 3 decades ago, the last time i visited Singkawang everything still felt the same the day i left. The roads, the kopitiam, the people, the smell. Love the cor lor mee so much!

    ReplyDelete